Quality Assurance Engineer
Tech – Helsinki
We are looking for a QA Engineer to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. The primary focus of this role is the delivery of excellent quality on all product development releases. Working within an agile environment, you will develop, maintain and execute test scripts for manual and automated testing, and you will analyse and communicate test results efficiently and comprehensively to the team. As a Quality Engineer in Smarp you are expected to have basic Python or Java or any scripting language skill set as well as willingness to learn test automation
As our newest Quality Assurance Engineer you will:
- Design test cases and implement those against the product's functionalities.
- Perform both manual and automated testing of the product.
- Help coordinate product releases across functions.
- Test in different environments, virtualisation
- Have good understanding of test approaches, including integration, behavioural, regression, performance, automated & manual testing.
- Prefer to work in a team format and actively share know-how with colleagues
- Are familiar with Git or similar version control
- Report findings and results of testing
- Work with developers to plan and execute testing
- Look for automation possibilities and implementing test automation scripts
You are definitely the one we are looking for if you:
- Have at least 2 years experience and knowledge of software testing
- Have basic Python/Java or any scripting language
- Can do End to End thinking
- Are familiar with CI environments
- Have experience on Robot framework, jMeter, Appium library (a massive plus)
- Are smart with different QA tools and constantly eager to find out new ways of testing
- Have an eye for detail and a systematic approach to all tasks.
- Happen to be a Scrum Master, please mention that in your application
- Have strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience with degree nearing completion.
If the role description matches your interests, please have a look at our ebook on the Smarp Way of Working to see if Smarp is really calling out your name. You can also check us on Instagram and Facebook to have a better glimpse on our day-to-day life.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to meet many Smarpers during the process, get to know our product and our culture. The process for this role looks like this:
- Phone/Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- First interview with the hiring manager and a future colleague
- Second interview with one of our founders
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way.
Please send your application in PDF form through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on December 31, 2018. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and close the role once we find the suitable person so be fast!
We promise to be in contact with you within a maximum of two weeks after the application deadline. For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team member Maureen via maureen.sills(a)smarp.com.