Scrum Master / Agile Coach
Tech – Helsinki
We are looking for a new inspiring Scrum Master / Agile Coach hybrid to join our growing tech team!
You will be given an opportunity to align and support our tech team to follow the agreed processes in the Scrum framework and encourage the team to improve their Agile practices and values.
As our newest Scrum Master / Agile Coach, you will:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Protect the team from outside disturbance
- Remove impediments
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assess the Scrum Maturity by coaching the team towards higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Be part of the building of a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Might organize and conduct creative and interesting inhouse trainings for our team(s) about different Agile topics for other people than just your team
You are definitely the one we are looking for if you have:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was using Scrum (NOT Scrum in name only)
- Obtained a certificate from Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance; or something similar
- You probably have experience working with agile teams in a software industry at least five years
- A very good understanding of Agile values and principles and experience and willingness to live (work) by those values
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to influence without formal authority / being a manager
- Willingness to train and coach people in various settings: team, 1-on-1 coaching, class room type of training, and etc.
- Experience applying patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework (e.g. numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats etc.)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc
- Ability to sell ideas and motivate people
- Experience from Agile transformations is a nice to have
What it means to be hybrid:
We're looking for someone with a somewhat technical background. Ideally, you would have experience with software testing, development (in our relevant technologies) and/or UX/UI and you would be interested in helping in any of those areas. This role does not have a 100% guarantee to be a full-time Scrum Master unless you can convince us otherwise with your background (coaching, training, etc.).
If the role description matches your interests, please have a look at our ebook on the Smarp Way of Working to see if Smarp is really calling out your name. You can also check us on Instagram and Facebook to have a better glimpse on our day-to-day life.
For other open positions, click here.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to meet many Smarpers during the process, get to know our product and our culture. The process for this role could look something like this:
- Phone/Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- Online tests
- Meet with team members
- Meet with the hiring manager
- Discussion with one of our co-Founders
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way.
Please send your application through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on December 31, 2018. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and close the role once we find the suitable person so be fast!
We promise to be in contact with you within a maximum of two weeks after the application deadline. For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions regarding this role, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition team member, Maureen.