Tech – Helsinki
We have a strong backend team which has been taking care of our site reliability tasks but now we want to bring in an more experienced DevOps oriented engineer. We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and we already have lot of good practices and systems in place but we want you to join a team and help us to reach the next level.
Having a background as described below will increase your chances to a good match:
- Passion to improve things around you and reduce manual work by automating tasks
- Background in automated build pipeline / continuous integration e.g. using Jenkins, Gitlab...
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services is required
- Knowledge container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, other…)
- You have experience/interest in site security, logging and monitoring
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing etc
- Experience with distributed/scalable systems with high traffic web applications
- Have a degree from computer science or related field
And if you can tick off these boxes too, even better:
- Expertise in database systems (both relational and no-SQL systems)
- Good knowledge from at least of of these languages: Go, Java, Python
- Experience working with systems build by using Microservices
- You might also have a history working as a backend developer
Depending on your skills and interest there is a possibility to expand this role a bit more towards backend development besides being just a pure DevOps role...
If the role description matches your interests, please have a look at our ebook on the Smarp Way of Working to see if Smarp is really calling out your name. You can also check us on Instagram and Facebook to have a better glimpse on our day-to-day life.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to meet many Smarpers during the process, get to know our product and our culture. The process for this role looks like this:
- Phone/Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- Online tests
- First interview with the team participating in a live coding challenge
- Second interview with the hiring manager
- Third interview with one of our founders
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way.
Please send your application in PDF form through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on December 31, 2018. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and close the role once we find the suitable people so be fast!
We promise to be in contact with you within a maximum of two weeks after the application deadline. For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition team member Maureen maureen.sills(s)smarp.com.