Developers ahoy! Smarp is looking for a talented Mobile Engineer to our growing tech team in Helsinki. We would expect you to have experience working with both iOS and Android platform. You will work in a fast-paced environment as a part of our super talented Agile tech squad. We’re looking for a person who has an endless thirst to learn and build mobile apps for Smarp – the ultimate employee communications and advocacy platform. We use Java for building the Android Smarp application and Swift for iOS.
As our newest Mobile Engineer you will:
- Develop either Smarp Android or iOS app with mind-blowing user experience. Most likely you will be touching apps on both platforms at some point. Your personal preference and our needs together will dictate which platform you will be working first when joining Smarp.
- Design UI according to guideline with a coach and help
- Ensure Smarp apps will work under unreliable internet connection conditions
- Beat Facebook/Instagram/Slack apps in terms of performance/speed
- Continuously optimize the app performance e.g. by minimizing app to backend roundtrips
- Perform debugging, profiling, benchmarking
- Stay up-to-date on new technology, development tools and emerging standards
- Keep track of changes in App Stores
We're looking for you if you have:
- An ideal candidate has strong mobile development background: iOS by using Swift and Android by using Java. If you lack currently a bit in either of these platforms, you should still have a strong interest in working with both iOS and Android development
- You probably have several years of experience and you have been exposed to different projects including products built from scratch
- We pay a lot of attention to software quality so we expect you to have clean coding habits and some experience with mobile testing frameworks too
- Architectural understanding is also highly appreciated
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with major/minor in software engineering
- Experience working in a Scrum environment is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Artistic background, UI designing experience, UX knowledge are things which will help you to stand-out from other candidates
- Ambition to make Smarp the one of the greatest global success story ever.
Got what it takes? Challenge accepted!
If you are interested, there's also a possibility to relocate to Finland as we offer a relocation package. If this is the case, please tell us more about your situation in the cover letter.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to meet many Smarpers during the process, get to know our product and our culture. The process for this role looks like this:
- Hangouts/Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- Live Coding with the team
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Co-founder discussion
Please send your application in PDF form through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on 8th of December. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and close the role once we find the suitable person so be fast!
We promise to be in contact with you within a maximum of two weeks after the application deadline. For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition team member, Elena via firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 630 3839.