We're looking for a UX Designer to join our HQ in Helsinki! Together with our tech gurus you will make our Smarp product more intuitive and allowing our customers to reach their goals in an increasingly effective way. You will be working closely with one of our Scrum teams and leading end-to-end projects from the discovery until the delivery phase. We're establishing our design system and you will have a chance to bring notable benefit by contributing to its creation as well. Got excited? Read further!
As our newest UX Designer you will:
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside web, mobile, backend and QA engineers and product owner. You will help them to explore relevant solutions for customer needs, design and validate new features or other product changes, and improve our Smarp product even more. Additionally, you will be working closely with the UX team to align on the future of design
- Come up with simple and user-friendly solutions to complex business problems
- Design flows and layouts for desktop and mobile devices
- Exchange the knowledge effectively through the use of wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc
- Embrace uncertainty/unknowns and validate design concepts with customers
- And maybe, later down the road, plan, design and conduct user research and then analyse quantitative user data and metrics to better understand the behaviour, motivation and thinking of our users
You are the one we are looking for if you:
- Eager to present us your portfolio with previous works clearly showing the UX improvements you’ve made for other software products
- Able to bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design projects
- Have a solid understanding of user experience design, information architecture, user interface design, accessibility (WCAG 2.1) and design systems
- Have at least a basic knowledge of user research methods (both qualitative and quantitative), usability research tools
- Able to spot behavioural patterns, themes, insights and opportunities based on research data
- Have enough knowledge about coding/development to be able to properly communicate with engineers
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Can influence prioritisation in an agile environment. Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholder’s needs with openness and agility
- Experienced with UX prototyping and working alongside other designers, considering that other people than you will consume your work
- Experienced with Scrum
- Experienced with source control tools for designs like Abstract and Zeplin
- Savvy Sketch user, with a tidy and organized workflow in your files
- Like numbers and enjoy data-based decision-making
- Possess advanced English communication skills
Got what it takes? Challenge accepted.
If you are interested, there's also a possibility to relocate to Finland as we offer a relocation package. If this is the case, please tell us more about your situation in the cover letter.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to meet many Smarpers during the process, get to know our product and our culture.
The process for this role looks like this:
- Hangouts/Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- UX home task
- First interview with our UX team
- Second interview with the hiring manager
- Co-founder discussion
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way.
Please send your application in PDF form and portfolio through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on December 22nd, 2019. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and close the role once we find the suitable person so be fast!
For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition team member Elena via firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 630 3839.