We give people the opportunities they need to shine. Change is our second name – we are pursuing to conquer a new market space so we adjust our ways of working constantly – you won’t get bored here!
We’re looking for a hands-on Regional VP, Helsinki (Player Coach) to join our Helsinki office. This role is a combination of being an individual revenue driving contributor and managing a team.
1. Drive revenue
- Taking ownership of the full sales cycle starting from prospecting to deal closure.
In practice this means:
- Strategic account planning of defined territory
- Stakeholder mapping and opening up opportunities
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline
- Establishing relationships with senior executives and decision-makers in large enterprises across various departments
- Undertaking discovery meetings to determine business drivers and challenges.
- Presenting a value based solution
- Going through online and in-person tailored product demonstrations
- Creating mutually agreed close plans with decision makers and signatories within your opportunities to ensure close dates are accurate
- Using a consultative sales approach to help our customers understand the value of our solution
- Being accountable and taking responsibility for your own sales territory and quota
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Being an expert in the Smarp platform and offering working as a trusted advisor to our prospects and customers
- Working with Fortune 500 companies in redefining how they communicate and educating them on the next evolution in communications.
- Creating reliable forecasts
- Helping develop scalable sales processes and procedures
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory for yourself and new business sales team
- Plan and run team meetings and training
2. Invest in the success of the team
- Manage and drive success in the New Business team - we have a team of 2 Account Executives in Helsinki
- Invest in colleagues to make everyone stronger
- Document and distribute competitive information
- Give coaching and advice to others when you see an opportunity for improvement in performance
- Lead by example and manage a growing team focused on growth and customer success
3. Strengthen the company
- Work to develop and circulate best practices
- Listen to the needs of the market and share the learnings with Product and Marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems (even if it’s outside of your job description or area of expertise)
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- Have solid experience and proven success in Enterprise B2B SaaS software sales
- Have proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Have a track record in closing six/seven figure deals
- Have a proven ability to conduct presentations to C- level executives and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience in SaaS sales leadership especially in growth stages
- Passion for Smarps mission of creating an informed and engaged workforce / making knowledge sharing simple and rewarding
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Excellent consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking
- Proven track record in enterprise sales
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Highly energetic personality – a motivator
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical data driven approach
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; Who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
What’s in it for you:
- Being part of a scale-up company and getting to leave your mark on the company’s growth and success
- Coach and manage a team
- Competitive base salary and attractive, goal-driven commission structure
- Possible future stock options
- Amazing bunch of ambitious colleagues globally
If the role description matches your interests, please have a look at our ebook on the Smarp Way of Working to see if Smarp is really calling out your name. You can also check us on Instagram and Facebook to have a better glimpse on our day-to-day life.
What to expect from the recruitment process:
We are looking for the most suitable people to join Smarp; we want it to be a match from both sides! We want to give you as much information and glimpses of life here at Smarp as possible. You’ll get to talk to many Smarpers during the process, and get to know our product and our culture.
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way.
Please send your application in PDF form through the link below as soon as possible but at the latest on February 2nd, 2020. We will start going through the applications already during the application period and aim to start interviewing from February 10th onwards!
For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our CRO, Anup, via firstname.lastname@example.org.